Male Breast Reduction in Philadelphia and Montgomery County
Women are not the only ones who wish to look and feel their best. Statistics show that a growing number of men are pursuing cosmetic enhancement. Whether it is to turn back the clock, achieve a slimmer physique following massive weight loss, or to correct a life-long medical condition, the effects of plastic surgery can be life-changing for these men.
Having treated hundreds of male patients, Dr. David Horvath understands that the cosmetic concerns and goals of men are different from women. He tailors each treatment to match the unique specifications of each patient. When working with Dr. Horvath, male patients can expect natural-looking results that restore or improve upon their masculine appearance.
Some studies show that up to 60 percent of men are affected by gynecomastia, a condition in which excessive fat or glandular tissue builds up in the breasts. It can make men feel very self-conscious, but there is a remedy. Dr. Horvath can remove the excess fat and tissue to create a firmer, more masculine chest contour. Treatment may vary depending on the cause of gynecomastia. Dr. Horvath will generally use liposuction to remove the excess, although some patients may warrant a more invasive procedure. Dr. Horvath will go over all of your options to determine the best treatment for you.
Dr. Horvath offers a full suite of surgical and non-surgical procedures for men, including male breast reduction to address gynecomastia, a common medical condition that affects approximately 40 to 60 percent of all men.
What Is Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia is characterized by enlarged male breast tissue. The exact cause of gynecomastia is unknown, but several factors have been linked to the development of male breast tissue, including certain drugs and medical conditions. It is not uncommon for men with gynecomastia to experience physical discomfort in the form of irritation, rashes or chafing. They may also feel embarrassed or self-conscious when wearing form-fitting clothing or going shirtless in public spaces.
There is only one proven solution to gynecomastia: male breast reduction surgery. Designed to remove excess skin and tissue, male breast reduction can not only restore a more masculine appearance, but also help transform the way men feel about themselves.
About Male Breast Reduction Surgery
Male breast reduction is performed on an outpatient basis, usually under general anesthesia. Dr. Horvath begins the procedure by creating an incision around the areola so he can remove excess glandular tissue and skin. He may also reduce oversized areolas. If necessary, the surgeon will create an additional incision to remove fatty deposits via liposuction techniques. To complete the surgery, Dr. Horvath will tighten the remaining skin over the flatter and firmer chest.
Additional Male Plastic Surgery Options
Dr. Horvath encourages male patients to discuss their plastic surgery options with him, including:
- Body contouring procedures to sculpt the body’s contours. Dr. Horvath is a leader in performing 360Degree SAFE liposuction to return the body and waist line to a more youthful and physically fit appearance. Instead of looking at one problem area, Dr. Horvath will review how each area relates to other areas, to provide the patient with the maximum return on investment.
- Dr. Horvath has extensive experience in cosmetic correction following massive weight loss. Options include arm lift, tummy tuck surgery, thigh lift, body lift and liposuction.
- Facial rejuvenation procedures to minimize the effects of facial aging. Surgical options include facelift, eyelid surgery, rhinoplasty, brow lift and facial implants.
- Cosmetic injectables including Botox, Restylane and Juvederm for typical facial lines. He also offers newer fillers to soften superficial lines and wrinkles, such as Restylane Silk and Juvederm Volbella, as well as the newer volumizing fillers such as volume, Restylane Lyft and others that add volume to flat and hollow facial areas. Injectable treatments are popular among both men and women because they do not require surgery or downtime.
- Kybella is also offered as an injectable treatment to dissolve the fat under the chin and streamline the jawline as it was in youth.
- Skin care treatments and products to improve the complexion, texture and tone of the skin.
- Non-surgical skin tightening with Ultherapy, an ultrasound system that is safe, effective and FDA approved for mild lifting of the facial tissues, is also available.
- Botox for excessive sweating in the armpits or hands is also available and may be covered by health insurance.
Contact Us Today
To discuss your plastic surgery options, schedule a consultation with Dr. Horvath. The trusted surgeon will gladly meet with you to discuss your cosmetic needs and goals, and work with you to tailor a treatment plan that yields the desired outcome. Contact Horvath Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Center today.